- We finished the digestive system and started the circulatory system.
- Thursday students completed a components of blood foldable and it goes on page 51 in their ISN. They started their vocab which goes on page 53/54.
- Friday students completed a diagram on the heart and this goes on page 52.
- Talk about the issues with the sub on Friday.
- Circulatory System BrainPop Check List
Complete the following: Username: wcp(lunch#) password: (lunch#) NOTE: When you watch the movies, use the app. When you do the activities and quizzes, use the website. ALL quizzes are open note.
Bell Ringer: Go over heart diagram and finish circulatory system vocab. If you are done with all of that, then you can work on any of the Monday work you didn't complete and Friday Bell Ringer or start researching Respiratory System information.
ENCORE: Vocab and Circulatory system
- Finish Circulatory system with a video: youtu.be/3_PYnWVoUzM
- Go over Friday Bell Ringer
- Respiratory system
Bell Ringer: Work sheet on Respiratory system worksheets
ENCORE: Vocab and Circulatory system
- Go over answers for Respiratory and circulatory Bell Ringers
- Complete the respiratory - Vocab and diagram:
- Go over the bell ringers
- Excretory system
- What is the function of the system
- major organs
- how is it connected to other systems
-how do you keep it healthy
- How do they maintain homeostasis.
Videos to use for review:
- Multiple choice test over the systems
For Encore Groups:
--- We are starting to review for the Science NCFE. We are taking a practice test, checking it, and reviewing information to help us be better prepared.
--- Keep checking back to the science resources to find information to help you review for the final exam.
--- YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OLD ISN
Friday: (1st day back)
- Teach me how to Punnet. This is a punnet square activity. You watch the following videos and make a list of steps about how to set up and use a punnet square.
- Alien bug activity. This sheet can't be posted on this public website. However, you may email my school email to get a copy if needed.
- Homework: Make sure the punnet squares are done.
- Finish Alien Bugs
- Create a Minion Activity
HOMEWORK: finish Alien Bug and Minion activity
- Review Sheet
- Pedigree Reading Sheet and notes
- Quiz over Punnett Squares and inheritance patterns - vocab and application of genetics
- Pedigree Simple worksheet
- Pedigree BrainPop/video
- Pedigrees Activities
Monday you will have a quiz over Punnet squares and pedigrees
- Tuesday through Thursday : Need device, markers, and colored pencils. You will be making a poster about a topic related to genetics in the news.
Stations are all found on Discovery Education. Students have a username and password to log in. The Science Resources section includes how to log in, if a student doesn't know their log in.
Each station has 3 parts. Part 1: vocab, Part 2: Interactive /Visual activity to learn the content. Part 3: Wrap up. Page #'s refer to what page in the ISN the information goes on.
Instead of working through a PowerPoint, student are learning about the content in the standard by going through each station at their own pace.
- Complete station 1
- Complete Station 2:
- Finish Station 3
- Finish Station 4:
- Review for the test
Mitosis or Meiosis - write at the end of the statement what topic it relates to - mitosis or meiosis or fertilization - write on this part. It doesn’t have to go in your ISN.
- Collect missing work. Grades are due.
- QR code Scavenger Hunt
- Watch and take notes on two BrainPop videos: Classification and six Kingdoms
- Finish QR code Scavenger Hunt. DUE FRIDAY. Below is a PDF of the QR codes.
- Announced: Quiz on Friday
- BrainPop Video: Protists - Quiz will count
- Reading about Euglena and Volvox - Plant like Protists
- Resources: (password for Britannica is wiseowl16
- BrainPop Video: Protizoa - Quiz will count
- Reading about Amoeba and Paramecium - Animal like Protists
- Study for Quiz on Friday: What the 4 protist look like and how they move
- Protists Game
- Wind retest
-Air quality activity
- Cell videos:
- HOMEWORK: Movie poster - choose a scene to illustrate in from the play and write a summary.
- Cell videos:
- Read the chapter about cells with a partner. Make sure that your animal and plant cell diagrams are colored and you do the Venn Diagram.
- HOMEWORK: Cell worksheet and Study vocabulary terms
- Cell videos:
- HOMEWORK: Study guide and use the tools below to help you study.
TOOLS TO STUDY:
You can make flash cards of your vocab terms.
You can use your matching set
Get notecards: you can draw the organelle as cartoon characters and on the back explain their functions
Take notes on the following videos:
- TEST over organelles and their function and animal and plant cells.
- Make sure NEW ISN is up to date.
- ALL MISSING WORK IS DUE TODAY. GRADES CLOSE MONDAY for 3rd quarter.
Remediation Sheet video links:
Question #1: youtu.be/bN7E6FCuMbY
Question #2: youtu.be/CTaOafqTc4E
Question #3: youtu.be/S8wor5E5Xbo
Question #4: youtu.be/7vTfyAMu6G4
Question #8: youtu.be/7vTfyAMu6G4
- Pop Quiz: Organization of living things
- TED video: youtu.be/IYSlId-Ri7Q
- Go over the triangle. Why did I have two different orders?
- New Notebook Set up
- Finish Vocabulary and add it into notebook
- Padlet on Animals and plant Cells. NEED DEVICE
- Cell Song: youtu.be/rABKB5aS2Zg
- Coloring sheet Plant Cell and Animal Cell and organelles
- HOMEWORK: Study for WIND test. Use remediation sheet. Here is a good video to review Global Winds: youtu.be/5QOVwX-6g-Q
- Small Quiz over life science topics we have studied from March 2 to March 9. Characteristics of living things, organization of life, unicellular vs. multicellular, prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell, nucleus.
- Wind Remediation TEST
- Finish QR code Scavenger hunt. See PDF. #9 doesn't work. See PDF below.
- Received blue form from Mrs. McCulley about elective courses next year. These are due Next Monday, Feb. 27.
- During Encore, students are to work on Lake Effect Snow and Thunderstorm pages for recipe book.
- Students need device and headphones.
- Find the Best One! Video Contest. Due Wednesday. Students have to use their evaluation skills to find the best video in each of the following areas: Air Masses, Fronts, and Weather maps/forecasting. Bonus area: High and low pressure systems. See image for search options. Worksheet at the bottom.
- Fronts notes and worksheet
HOMEWORK: Reading weather maps and worksheet
- Weather forecasting and worksheet
- Review for Test on Monday.
I am so sorry that I didn't have this up.
The main details were the vocab that students looked up.
We took a quiz on Friday over air masses.
Students worked on a remediation sheet and retested over the water cycle to see if they could improve their grade.